VISTA-D3 is a vitamin D supplement.
There are 5 different doses specially adapted to all ages and situations:
- VISTA-D3 400, for children and babies.
- VISTA-D3 600, for adolescents and adults, also for children with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 800, for adults who need a higher intake.
- VISTA-D3 1000, for elderly people with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 2000, to rapidly overcome a pronounced deficiency.
- VISTA-D3 3000, to rapidly overcome a very pronounced deficiency.
These doses correspond to the latest recommendations by the Belgian Superior Health Council.
A SPECIALLY ADAPTED DAILY DOSE TO SUIT EVERYONE:N
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. Unlike other (water-soluble) vitamins, the surplus is not simply eliminated, but instead accumulates in the fatty tissue. This can lead to overdose and to certain side effects. It is therefore better to avoid this accumulation in the body. The best way to supply our body with vitamin D is simply to take a normal (physiological) dose of this vitamin every day. A vitamin D therapy with very high (bolus-) doses (10 to 50 x the average recommended daily dose) administered weekly or monthly is clearly not physiological and moreover, according to recent research, is less effective (*).
*(1) Efficacy of different doses and time intervals of oral vitamin D supplementation with or without calcium in elderly nursing home residents. V. Chel et al, 2008, (University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands) “Conclusion: Daily vitamin D was more effective than weekly, and monthly administration was the least effective.”
*(2) Vitamin D supplementation in respiratory diseases: evidence from randomized controlled trials. Carolien Mathyssen et al, 2017, (KU Leuven, Belgium) “A recent systematic review revealed that patients receiving daily doses benefited from vitamin D supplementation, whereas no such effect was found when given in larger bolus doses.”
*(3) Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory infections: individual participant data meta-analysis. Adrian R Martineau et al, 2019, Queen Mary University of London, UK. “Conclusions: Vitamin D supplementation was safe, and it protected against acute respiratory infections overall. Very deficient individuals and those not receiving bolus doses experienced the benefit.”
- VISTA-D3 400 contains a physiological dose (400 international units, iu) of vitamin D3 specially adapted for babies and children.
- VISTA-D3 600 contains a physiological dose of vitamin D3 (600 iu) specially adapted for adults, adolescents and also for children with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 800 contains a physiological dose of vitamin D3 (600 iu) specially adapted for adults, adolescents and also for children with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 1000 contains a physiological dose of vitamin D3 (1000 iu) specially adapted for for elderly people with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 2000 contains a physiological dose of vitamin D3 (2000 iu) and is being used in order to rapidly overcome a pronounced deficiency.
- VISTA-D3 3000 contains a high physiological dose of vitamin D3 (3000 iu) and is being used in order to rapidly overcome a very pronounced deficiency.
Doctors and pharmacists can of course adjust the dosage to their patients’ specific needs.
A SMART FORM OF ADMINISTRATION!
A melting tablet that is easy to use for everyone : you can let it melt under your tongue, swallow it or dissolve it in water!
For babies: no more counting drops to a spoon or in a feeding bottle. With VISTA-D3 400 you can be sure to give the correct dose: there is no risk of administering or taking too little or too much. Dissolve the tablet in a spoonful of water and add to a feeding bottle or add the tablet directly to the feeding bottle.
For children or people who have difficulties swallowing: let the tablet melt under your tongue.
Adults can also simply swallow the tablet.
This situation can occur in the following cases:
- In women, a vitamin D supplement is almost always needed from the start of the menopause to maintain strong bones.
- In older people, both men and women, who do not spend much time outdoors, the lack of sunlight reduces vitamin D reserves.
- In periods of strong growth, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- During winter most people in our regions do not produce enough vitamin D due to lack of sunlight.
- And vitamin D is just about the only vitamin that cannot be obtained through your diet.
In short: vitamin D is essential for the majority of the population!
In our region, most studies have established that the majority of the population (both young and old!) show a marked vitamin D deficiency.
And VISTA-D3 also makes it easy for everyone to take vitamin D: from babies to the elderly!!
VISTA-D3 is a vitamin D supplement.
- VISTA-D3 400: 1 melting contains bevat 10 mcg (400 iu) of vitamin D3.
- VISTA-D3 600: 1 melting contains bevat 15 mcg (600 iu) of vitamin D3.
- VISTA-D3 800: 1 melting contains bevat 20 mcg (800 iu) of vitamin D3.
- VISTA-D3 1000: 1 melting contains bevat 25 mcg (1000 iu) of vitamin D3.
- VISTA-D3 2000: 1 melting contains bevat 50 mcg (2000 iu) of vitamin D3.
- VISTA-D3 3000: 1 melting contains bevat 75 mcg (3000 iu) of vitamin D3.
VISTA-D3 contains no sugar, no salt, no gluten, and no genetically modified products. Vista-D3 is kosher.
Useful information for people with allergies:
the full list of all ingredients found in a VISTA-D3 melting tablet (identical for the 5 dosage forms)
Diluents: mannitol, cellulose;
Glazing agents: vegetal magnesiumaspartate, colloidal silicon dioxide;
1 melting tablet per day.
- VISTA-D3 400 VISTA-D3 400 can be used by children and babies. For babies, the melting tablet can first be dissolved in a spoonful of water or directly in the feeding bottle.
- VISTA-D3 600 is designed for adolescents and adults, also for children with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 800is designed for adults who need a higher intake./li>
- VISTA-D3 1000 is designed for elderly people with higher requirements.
- VISTA-D3 2000 is designed to rapidly overcome a pronounced deficiency.
- VISTA-D3 3000 is designed to rapidly overcome a pronounced deficiency.
Doctors or pharmacists can adjust the dosage based on specific needs or based on actual blood levels of vitamin D.
At what time of day?
VISTA-D3 can be taken at any time of day, preferably with a meal.
It is best to use VISTA-D3 over several months in order to at least span winter. People who need a higher intake and who are at risk of a vitamin D deficiency are advised to take VISTA-D3 over a longer period.
|VISTA-D3 400||Pack of 120 melting tablets.
VISTA-D3 400 is sold in pharmacies under the code: 2952-349
|VISTA-D3 600||Pack of 120 melting tablets.
VISTA-D3 600 is sold in pharmacies under the code: 2952-356
|VISTA-D3 800||Pack of 120 melting tablets.
VISTA-D3 800 is sold in pharmacies under the code: 2952-331
|VISTA-D3 1000||Pack of 120 melting tablets.
VISTA-D3 1000 is sold in pharmacies under the code: 3157-195
Pack of 60 melting tablets.
Pack of 60 melting tablets.
* Recommended price
VISTA-D3 comes in melting tablets. This means it is very easy to take: you can let the tablet to melt under your tongue, or dissolve it in a spoonful of water (very handy for administering to babies) or even add directly to the feeding bottle. The tablet can also be simply swallowed.
Survey of recent literature on vitamin D
Vitamin D3 is the natural form of vitamin D. It is produced by our skin on exposure to sunlight. Therein lies the main difference between this and all other vitamins: the main source of vitamin D is not food, but exposure to sunlight! So it is no surprise that the majority of our population has low vitamin D levels. The sun does not shine so often, and its rays are not very efficient so high above the equator. And if you then travel to a sunny country, you need to apply a good layer of sun protection cream. It is absolutely essential to protect your skin from the sun! … but at the same time, by doing so you are stopping your body from producing vitamin D.
The main role of vitamin D is to stimulate proper calcium absorption. Vitamin D is therefore vital for forming and maintaining strong bones.
However, very recent scientific research has also brought other very important effects to light. For example, vitamin D also plays a role in our body’s defence mechanisms, by protecting our resistance to both external and internal attacks.
The same research also clearly showed that these days most people in our region have a vitamin D level that is too low (suboptimal). And there is still more news coming, nearly every day!
Daily supplementation with vitamin D
All studies have clearly shown that about 2 thirds of the European population has a chronic shortage of vitamin D exhibits. And this has many negative effects on our health. Especially in the “dark” periods – autumn and winter – with little sunshine, a daily supplementation is very important.
This is even more important for the so-called “risk groups”: babies, children, pregnant women and the elderly.
In 2012 the Belgian Superior Health Council has markedly increased the daily recommended dosage. The 6 Vista-D3 products – 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000 and 3000 – are fully in line with these new recommendations and thus ensure a correct and adequate supplementation.
VISTA-D3 400, VISTA-D3 600, VISTA-D3 800, VISTA-D3 1000, VISTA-D3 2000 and VISTA-D3 3000 are registered as dietary supplements with the Ministry of Public Health respectively under numbers: NUT1647/6, NUT1647/5, NUT1647/7, NUT1647/8 , NUT1647/9, NUT1647/14 and NUT1647/16.
A dietary supplement cannot be used to replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the daily recommended dose. Keep out of the reach of children.
Produced in Belgium for:
VISTA-Life PHARMA n.v. / s.a.
Ninoofsesteenweg, 1110 – B1080 Brussels